Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Feet, oh feet, they sure are neat

Amidst all this travel, I am gaining a greater appreciation for my feet. They accompany me everywhere I go and carry me places I've never been. They symbolize action, perseverance and faith.
If I were much of a poet, this is where I would present my hippy, metaphor-filled poem where I would muse about my feet with such passion that you would buy a new pair of shoes on the spot. Alas, I am a shoddy poet, and although I hold poets in highest admiration, I have put my personal poetry dreams on the shelf until someone can successfully explain to me the appeal of haiku.
Instead, I went on a search for pictures I have taken of my feet in hopes that poetry and the story of my feet can sing just as loudly through images as words.


“And forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair.”
Kahlil Gibran















“We have not wings we cannot soar; but, we have feet to scale and climb, by slow degrees, by more and more, the cloudy summits of our time.”
Henry Wadsworth Longfellow














The civilized man has built a coach, but has lost the use of his feet.
Ralph Waldo Emerson















Grab your coat, and get your hat, Leave your worry on the doorstep Just direct your feet, To the sunny side of the street.















Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.
Psalms 119:105
















“Remember what Bilbo used to say: It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to.”
J.R.R. Tolkien






Now that I, your Lord and Teacher, have washed your feet, you also should wash one another's feet. I have set you an example that you should do as I have done for you.
John 13:14-15







“Heaven is under our feet as well as over our heads.”
Henry David Thoreau
















When you pray, move your feet. African Proverb

No comments:

Post a Comment