Thursday, December 9, 2010

60 Days of Beauty: Day 4: Company

There are two types of company.  There's a company of body and a company of heart.  Last night I was able to have both.  Even though I had to work on a group paper through online (seriously, who decided a group paper was good idea?!), my friend Hannah came over to talk and hang out after church.  A lot of the time was spent with me sitting on the couch working on my paper and Hannah either trying to study for nurse school or coloring in our Christmas coloring book.  The only sound I was making was the tapping of computer keys and her, the soft rubbing of colored pencil on cheap paper.  It was good to just have someone else there, ya know?  It's like when you find someone that you can silently ride in the car with and not feel awkward about it, or you can gab and laugh all the way to South Carolina.  It's one in the same.  Company of body.
We did eventually get to talk and were able to just be really honest and open.  We realized that we have had a lot of similar life experiences and are able to relate in a lot of ways that we haven't found with other people.  It's definitely one of those kindred spirit kind of things that can't really be explained apart from God.  Company of heart.
And I guess that's pretty beautiful.

 

“Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another, 'What! You too? I thought I was the only one.'”

-CS Lewis

1 comment:

  1. Auuudrey. I just read your first 4 days as part of my morning devotion. It blessed my heart and made it joyful! :)

    ReplyDelete