Saturday, May 23, 2009

Simple Math


Some numbers so far of this summer [equaling 100, of course]:



79.........cents found in random public places
"wow," you may be thinking. "This girl has no life. All she must do is scan the sidewalks and under bubble gift machines for loose change. Simply pathetic. Why would I ever read this?" WELL, to be fair, 56 cents of that was found sitting on a toilet paper dispenser in North Carolina. Come on. Give me some cred.


6...........songs recorded on Garage Band
This has become a bit of an obsession for me since my journalism teacher taught me how to use GB for a radio project. The public, however, is not yet prepared to hear such songs.


4...........rivers paddled
[one was actually a creek 1 mile short of being a river.] I was able to spend a week learning to ww raft and canoe in Kentucky, North Carolina and Tennessee with some peeps from Outdoor Adventures [my place of employment] for the first week of summer. ( http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1159860062#/album.php?aid=26316&id=1159860029 )


2..........books started
The Apothecary's Daughter [birthday gift from Meryn] and Three Cups of Tea [a traveling book that traces back to the reaches of Stephen Keefauver]


1...........visit to Bloomington Bike Project
A simply lovely day spent with two kindered spirits, Emily and Travis. We also ran into Aaron and Alena!


8+........times I have been spit up on by Emma ( http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1159860062#/album.php?aid=18063&id=1159860029 )
Emma is my peanut of a niece I get to nanny ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xVnciua-MRk ) this summer.


There you have it.

"It occurred to me then, that perhaps the reason for my growth was that I was intended for larger things. After all, a giant man can't have an ordinary-sized life."
-Big Fish

No comments:

Post a Comment