Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Someone at Hallmark deserves a raise...

I got this birthday card from my parents 2 years ago.  What I love about it is that the person it describes is who I aspired to be and also who my parents say I am.  I'd say that is a pretty cool place to be in life.  I keep the card next to my bed where I always see it as a reminder of who I have been, am and aspire to be.

My Daughter
What I Love About You

I love the spirit of you...
the grace with which you welcome each challenge, the childlike wonder that still colors your days.

I love the originality of you...
your willingness to stand out from the crowd... your unique perspective on what's happening in the world and in your life.

I love the wisdom of you...
the way you trust your intuition... your unfailing commitment to doing the right thing.

And most of all, I love the heart of you...
the genuine compassion, empathy, and friendship you offer to everyone you know.

I guess it's pretty clear...
I love everything about you.

And on your birthday, I'm wishing joy and blessings to you, my beautiful daughter and friend.

Thanks Marmee and Pappy!

1 comment:

  1. That is so nice of your parents. What a thoughtful card. I would aspire to be someone like that. Always being unique and stand out from the crowd. The words are so inspiring. Thank you so much for sharing this!!

    ReplyDelete